Partygoers of any age always have fun decorating different things. If you are looking for easy, simple, cheap and low mess craft activities for your child’s birthday party, we made a round up of 5 birthday party craft activities for kids.
1. Decorate Photobooth Props – Kids can decorate these printables, cut them out and glue them onto wood dowels. We suggest you can do this in the beginning of the party so that the glue can dry during cake and presents. After glue is dry it would be fun to take pictures of the kids with their props and email out to their parents.
2. Vase With Tissue Paper – This is a cute idea and we think if you don’t have a circle cutter then squares would work just fine! Get vases and tissue at the store. I suggest picking different colors so that the lovely parents can really be proud of their child’s creation.
3. Make Bracelet/Necklaces – You’ll need a few basic supplies, but making beaded necklaces is truly easy. All of the items needed are inexpensive and can be found at any craft store. Specialty beads of glass or stone can be found at a bead store or at one of the many online retailers.
4. Make Necklace from Clothespins – Kids will love making these necklaces. Either for themselves or for their moms, it is always a great fun. All you need are clothes pins, string and paint. A little prep work goes into this one if you want to paint the pins yourself first.
5. Decorate Cookies or Cupcakes – The great thing about a cupcake decorating party is that you can go as low cost or fancy as you choose depending on your budget, plus it’s applicable for a wide range of kids (we had 4 years to 9 years olds).
Of course, you can come up with many other ideas. Buy some unfinished items such as wooden trinket boxes, unpainted pottery, T-shirts, picture frames and bags. Give the partiers some fabric, paints, sparkles, glue, markers and any other decorative items, and let them create wonders.